Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mark it Up.

So I don't know if anyone other than the few friends I've linked this to are reading, but here's a good question:

Who do YOU think would make a good Freddy Krueger?

Now we all know that New Line/Platinum Dunes (I think they've got a hand in it) is making a "reimagining" of our favorite horror movie. It's going to be comparable to what Rob Zombie did to Halloween.

I haven't seen the new Halloween, so I have no comment on it. But I heard it was pretty good. And hey, I actually liked the new Friday the 13th better than the originals. The original first one made me laugh. This one was actually cringeworthy, in an OMG JASON'S BEHIND YOU kind of way. (and in a "please stop texting on your phone kid in front of me" way. Dude, why do you pay 10 dollars to see a movie when you're going to TEXT the entire time? You can do that at home for free. Yes, I am an old geezer. Get off my lawn kids.)

So I did a little scouring around the internet to see what some people think. I've heard such people as Cillian Murphy, James Marsters (Spike as Freddy? Weird. But he's playing Piccolo in Dragonball..), Ben Foster (whaaat) and Jackie Earle Haley, who is actually talking about it.

And someone said Anthony Stewart Head, but I don't know if I could deal there. Giles can go from librarian to killer repo man. Not from librarian to child molester/killer.

I personally think Jackie Earle Haley could do it, just on looks alone. He's got a pretty dark, menacing look to him. Though his eyes are pretty gorgeous. (I have a thing for blue eyes.)

So, I open the floor to you, the 2 people that read this. What do YOU think?

1 comment:

  1. Now I loved Rob Zombies remake of Halloween.(Believe me I almost poo'd myself) But I wonder how that will work when it comes to The Nightmare on Elm Street reimagining. I'm sure it will be one of those rare horror movies that actually makes me cringe.


    I am totally with you there when it comes to Anthony Stewart Head. Like you I am okay with him going from kick ass librarian to i'm gonna rip your heart out.(literally) But seeing him as Freddy would make watching buffy quite disturbing.


    Now on the other people you listed I actually had to look them up under google pictures because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to such things. So looks wise I like Ben Foster. But I guess overall I would say Jackie Earle Haley. I mean its not to much of a leap playing someone like Ronnie J. McGorvey in Little Children to playing Freddy Krueger.

    ReplyDelete