Monday, March 2, 2009

Repossession I deliver


So there is... way too much snow outside. (They said we were going to get 9-14? I'm not going out there with a ruler).


That said, I've been getting my wording confused. When I say reviews, I mean articles. Sort of similar to this: http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0774/index.html


Yes, you'll notice I link to Matt's X-Entertainment stuff a lot. Mainly because he's awesome and the reason I got the idea to start the blog in the first place.


So today I'm going to do what I promised: I'm going to post a REVIEW of Repo! The Genetic Opera. You will get a full fledged article when my brain isn't all over the place. (And when I learn how to make pretty pictures out of what I'm watching. This is a new computer after all)
Photobucket

Repo! The Genetic Opera was a little known musical written and composed by Darren Smith and Terrence Zdunich. It takes place in a post-apocolyptic world of ours. Well, that's probably a good thing considering what's going on in it.

Basically the premise is this: Organ failure is running rampant these days, and people just... apparently want surgery on other organs too! But, how to pay for this? Never fear! Geneco is here! They will help finance you so you can get that pretty new spleen, liver, spine, or whatever it is you're needing.

But it comes with a price.

If you can't pay, GeneCo, like most businesses, will send out a Repo Man to collect what belongs to them. And, well, it's not pleasant to have your financed heart ripped from your chest.

The movie focuses on the man that does these reposessions, Nathan Wallace. This man is the reason I wanted to see this movie. It's Anthony Stewart Head, guys! Who wouldn't want to see Giles be all badass and rip out lungs?! He had the potential for it!

Sarah Brightman was also in this, and as usual, she's oddly gorgeous and has the prettiest voice ever. But honestly, I have to tell you, this movie made me like Paris Hilton.

Yep, you heard me right. Paris Hilton.

Nevermind the fact that she had the script to the movie smuggled into her when she was in jail, or the fact that she auditioned even though they didn't want her anywhere near the movie, she does a GOOD job. I love her character, Amber Sweet, the head of GeneCo's daughter who's addicted to the knife.

And she wants to be in a sequel, if they make one.

Also made of awesome was the Graverobber, played by Terrence Zdunich. My dad compared him to Jack Skellington, and I can't say I don't agree, when I can see where he's coming from. Graverobber is the narrator, and he's kind of hot in a not hot way. He's also the one that gives everyone what they want: a drug called Zydrate.

Now this is turning more into an article than a review, so I'll try to trim. I liked the movie, then came back and loved the movie. It stays with you. The more you think about it, the more you like it.

Which is more than I can say for some movies, where the more you think about it, the more you hate it.

It's produced by the guys who did Saw, but that's not a reason to see it. That's like those people that went to see Sweeney Todd because it was gory. It's a musical, guys. Guys? They all sing.

And in this one, that's ALL they do. It IS an opera after all.

You can buy it at Target for like 14.99, and I do say it's worth the money.

Now, after that, I need food, Diet Coke, and to find a way to tunnel out of this damned snow.




1 comment: